Monday, July 22, 2013

Motivational Leaker

No you didn't misread it.  I am NOT a motivation speaker...I AM a motivation leaker.  I am apparently leaking motivation like a bad oil leak and it could be leading to some engine problems.

I know there are things I SHOULD  be doing...but alas, I cannot get myself motivated enough to do them.  I think it becomes overwhelming when I begin thinking of the many things I want to do but just don't get done:

1.  Write something every single day.
2.  Work on my Art Journal.
3.  Send cards/letters to friends/family/church peeps.
4.  Get ahead on church curriculum.
5.  Focus on a diet that works and lose some excess weight.
6.  Work again on organizing our space.
7.  Work towards having an art space in one of the Craft Malls.
8.  Be a better mentor.
...and the list goes on.

I have gotten a few things done.  I finally started a page on Etsy to sell some crafts/artwork.  That was a huge step for me.  So far, just site visits but I do need to do some work with marketing it on FB, Twitter, etc. 

The husband and I have also determined to complete the Foster Parent orientation coursework so we can take on foster children in the not so distant future.  I'm really looking forward to this new venture, but I am also a tad scared by the level of responsibility.  I mean it's one thing if it's your own child, but when you have been given the honor of caring for someone else's child...WOW!  I cannot imagine how overwhelming that is.

I'm prayerful that this leak will stop and I can start checking things off my list.  In the meantime, I will do what I can and press on.

:) Chasing 50 day by day...

No comments:

Post a Comment