Friday, August 16, 2013

Seeking Wisdom

It has been almost a month since I've written anything.  It seems like I should be full of informative tidbits about this whole chasing-50 theme, but honestly...I don't. 

I am no more prepared for this day mentally than my parents were to take me home after I was born.

My rational mind knows it won't be all that different, but my irrational self begins to get a bit pensive and even nervous about what this next decade holds.  I don't want to think of myself as old and I do believe it is largely a state of mind, but I do want to think of myself as wise and in my case they go hand in hand.

I just don't think I was willing to take the time to be wise in my 20's and even my 30's because I was too immersed in having fun and living fully.  That didn't leave much room for wisdom or personal growth.  But with 50 right around the corner, I feel compelled to be seeking wisdom in any and all areas of my life. 

I guess we'll see what wisdom lurks beyond that magic number, and hopefully I'll have more thoughts to share.





No comments:

Post a Comment